I will be starting my prayer chats again next week after ya'all had your holidays (Canada July 1st U.S. July 4th). I will be starting out small to get back in the groove so my chats will only be a half hour long unless someone gets a holy roller going LOL. So mark your calendars for every Tuesday and Thursday at 7 pm Eastern starting July 8th for half an hour of prayer , praise and worship. Be there or be square ya hear. I have missed you all this past couple of months but with God's help I will be here for a while longer.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Thursday, June 26, 2008
I'll be offline for a couple days while my computer is being repaired... I will still be able to receive and send email, so I won't be completely dicsonnected, but I won't be able to go in the chat room.
This means I'll miss my chat Friday.
I'll miss you all! God bless!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
I chatted with Debbie (DebbieCan) earlier today. She was sick for a couple weeks and is better now -- enough she made it to the chat room, but she's not well yet. Keep praying for her.
Now, however, her mom needs to go in for back surgery. They will cut a small opening in her back and clean out all loose bone around the nerves. Then they will do a fusion of the spine or disk that is falling apart.
Her mom went for pre-op testing yesterday and will be going for the surgery Monday at noon. Please pray; this is very stressful for Debbie's mom and dad -- and for Debbie.
We (my husband and I) found out his plant might be moving from Indiana to North Carolina. We do not know if they will offer him his job there, or if we can handle the move as we are in the middle of Steve's cancer treatment. Please pray that we can completely trust the Lord at this time and follow his leading. Pray that the details will all work out as they should. Thanks! QuietSoul51 aka deni
Thursday, June 19, 2008
I just chatted with Deni (QuietSoul) and she said her mom's arm is better and her mom's cardio says her heart is good. However, both Deni and her mom are feeling sick. Her mom is very tired and doesn't feel like going upstairs. Deni seems to have caught a virus and so isn't feeling well either.
Deni had good news, too! She passed the very tricky exam she took earlier this month.
Keep praying, too! Thanks.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Quietsoul's mom got a pacemaker this past week in their local hospital and is now home. However, it looks like her IV has gotten infected. She is now on antibiotics and antibiotic ointment, and is putting heat on it every 8 hours. If her temperature spikes, she will need to go to the ER again. Please pray that it is not MRSA, a bacteria resistant to antibiotics, and that she recovers.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Dave dropped by the chat room a little while ago. He's hanging in there and and has not had any more seizures (praise God!) after the dose was increased for one of his meds.
Generally, his meds are helping but they are also causing him to be depressed, and his new anti-depressant med is not helping or not helping enough. He's also in more pain in his spinal cord because he's gained weight.
Please pray! Thanks.
Friday, June 13, 2008
My father-in-law is back in his room -- had no broken bones and apparently his neck really is stable. His pain is a lot less, and we're arranging to have an aid to stay with him for a few days until he's recovered and in less pain. By the time I left him, he was moving around with less pain and doing better than I expected after he had so much pain moving at all in the ER earlier.
I'm very tired -- I'm sure you all that know me are not surprised to hear that! But I'm hanging in ok, praising God that things turned out as well as they did.
I'm in the ER again with my fil who fell again last night and is having bad neck and back pain. He has a fracture in his c7 vertebrate but no paralysis. He was in a lot of pain but is sleeping now, thankfully. It's hard because he's 81; I'm not sure what they can or will do. Please pray! Thanks.
I will not be doing my chat this afternoon... I'll probably be here or at another ER...
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
The National Institutes for Health (NIH) Office of Rare Diseases (ORD) launched last month the "Undiagnosed Diseases Program". The goals (from their website) are:
- To provide answers to patients with mysterious conditions that have long eluded diagnosis
- To advance medical knowledge about rare and common diseases
For more information, see their site.
The photo below is AppleofHisEye's parakeet, Nicky, sleeping in his cage.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Day 38 - May 30
Standing for God’s Standards
“When he (the Holy Spirit) comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.” John 16: 8-11
• Pray for the Lord to convict all who live in Canada of his righteous standards for living.
• Pray that the Holy Spirit will awaken people to the reality of God’s presence in the world and acknowledge Jesus the Son.
• Pray that the Holy Spirit will awaken people’s conscience to God’s moral standards for society.
Director of Ministries
Every Home for Christ International/Canada
Day 39 - May 31
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the mane of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:19-20 NASB
• Pray that the Church will get back to the simple command of Jesus for His Church and its members: Make Disciples.
• Pray that the Church will make disciples simply by teaching their people to observe all that Jesus commanded them.
• As we pray, let us thank Jesus for His promise as we make disciples teaching them to observe all that Jesus commanded them that He has promised to be with us always, even to the end of the age.
Dr. Tom Hart
Precept Ministries Canada
Day 40 - June 1
Call to me, and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3
Pray these powerful scriptures.....
• God is not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9
• God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him, shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
• I will give you the nations as your inheritance and the ends of the earth as your possession. Psalm 2:8
Thank you for joining us in prayer for Canada these past 40 days.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Mom just contacted me to say the cyst on her right ovary is gone, but the one on the right ovary is still there and is acting like endometriosis. The doctor is waiting six weeks to see if it goes away on its own; if it doesn't, they will do surgery to remove it.
Her pain is bad right now from her exam but is not so bad day to day.
Keep praying! Thanks.
Day 36 - May 28
Dominion from Sea to Sea
He shall have dominion from sea to sea. Psalm 72:8
• Pray that Canada, a gathering place for nations, will honour God and seek to live righteously
• Pray that we will experience a national revival and that the church will respond to the urgency of the times and pray.
• Pray that we will be a nation that has a heart for evangelism and reaching our neighbours and communities for Christ.
Day 37 - May 29
Spilling Out The Love of Jesus
Scripture: "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." John 7:37-38
God can only do thru us, what he has first done in us. The outflow of our lives is in direct proportion to our intake. Effective evangelism is not so much a product of our techniques and programs as it is an overflow of a rich, living and full relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Pray that the church in Canada will know, enjoy and contagiously spill out the presence and love of Jesus Christ to those around us.
Speaker: Living Truth Television.
The Peoples Church,