I've updated most of the regulars in the room since I last talked to Deni; sorry to be so slow in posting the update here.
Deni (quietsoul51) was in the chat room last Saturday. She had gotten past the first crisis -- the blockage cleared after another test. However, things were not moving again since then and sheis becoming bloated again. She doesn't want to do anything except lay down; she doesn't even want to eat.
So many are of you are praying; thanks much. Keep praying!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Deni was in the chat room briefly on Saturday; she is still bloated and all. She said the doctor is wanting her to transfer somewhere like the Mayo Clinic. Please keep praying for her; haven't heard anything from her since Saturday.
I was sick all last night; ate something I shouldn't have. I'm sitting here just long enough to post this. I am getting better, but I'm going back to bed in a minute, so I'm canceling the 3 pm chat.
Friday, September 12, 2008
I just got an email from Deni (QuietSoul). She's been in the hospital for about a week with abdominal pain. She's having gastro tests; it might be her gallbladder. Her computer has died so she borrowed her hubby's and doesn't have email addresses, so if you were expecting email from her, that's why you haven't gotten it.
Please pray for her! Thanks.
- 12 noon eastern: Stress-Busters that Work: Faithful and Fun Ways to Lessen Stress and Encourage Hope and Health with Maureen Pratt. The seminar originally planned for this time slot, Get out of Bed! with Linda Lundy, was canceled because Linda lives in Texas and needed to be evacuated due to hurricane Ike.
- 3 pm eastern: Illness and Faith: Does Faith Make a Difference? with Michele Williams
- 6 pm eastern: Friendships, Dating and Marriage: Can it All Come Together When You are Young and Chronically Ill? with Laurie Edwards
- 8:30 pm eastern: Closing seminar, focusing on a man's perspective with Jeff Kenyon
Thursday, September 11, 2008
- 12 noon eastern: The Overwhelmed Woman's (and Men's!) Guide to Caring for Aging Parents with Julie-Allyson Ieron
- 3 pm eastern: How to Get Paid to Blog with Connie Roberts
- 6 pm eastern: College with Chronic Illness: How to Get Help and Respect from Administrators and Faculty with Lynn Royster and Paula Kravitz
- 8:30 pm eastern: After the Diagnosis: The Journey Beyond with Trish Robichaud and Jeff Cadwell
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Here is Wednesday's schedule. If for some reason, they don't work, go to Invisible Illness Conference page (reload the page if you have it open already) or to the Blog Talk Radio page.
I have fixed the links in the previous schedules I posted; very sorry about the confusion.
Wednesday's schedule (the links are all available now):
- 12 noon eastern: The Civil Rights of Patients with Invisible Chronic Illnesses with Jennifer C. Jaff
- 3 pm eastern: Overcoming Self-Defeating Behaviors with Jenni Prokopy
- 6 pm eastern: What You Need to Know About Applying for Disability with Attorney Scott E. Davis
- 8:30 pm eastern: Support Groups: The Changes and Challenges They Will Bring to Your Life with Christina J. Werdebaugh
As some of you know I will be going to Edmonton to visit with my oldest daughter and her family for a couple of weeks, I will be taking a greyhound there and back which is 12 hrs each way plus spending mammoth time with my 1 yr old grandson who has energy to burn plus LOL. I will need lots of time to recuperate afterwards, so depending on how I feel I will be coming back to the chat room sometime around the middle of the October give or take a week.
Please feel free to come into the chat room and if no one is around you can still type out your prayers as I do when no one shows up for prayer chat, then others can read them in the room history. I am sure God will bless you as He has blessed me. We need more prayer warriors for the chat room!
Also if you have any prayer requests you would like posted to the blog plz look for the link on the main page and Liz will post it as soon as she can.
I ask you all to pray for travel mercies for me and strength to keep up with my little one and keep an eye on the blog for prayer requests.
God bless and have a good and Godly day everyone
Today's schedule and links -- I plan to add links when they are posted.
- 12 noon eastern: Assess Yourself: Find the Job You Desire and Can Do Despite Illness Limitations with Rosalind Joffe
- 3 pm eastern: Medications, Illness, Fertility, and the Desire for Motherhood with Jennifer Saake
- 6 pm eastern: How You Can Help Those Who Help You! with Jo Franz - no show link yet available
- 8:30 pm eastern: Healthy Boundaries with a Chronic Illness with Shelley Echtle - no show link yet available
I am hanging out in our chat room during most of these seminars.
Update, 6:20 pm Tuesday: It looks like the technical problems were resolved, but the links weren't all fixed, leaving some of us unable to find the programs; listening on the wrong page, etc. The 8:30 pm show last night and noon show today actually did take place but not where I expected to find them. Hopefully, the rest of the week will go more smoothly!
Monday, September 8, 2008
After two seminars have gone by, I'm realizing folks are having a little trouble getting to the right page to listen to the seminars, so I will post the links for the individual seminars here to make it easier.
The programs are like talk radio programs -- you can listen and call in to ask questions; there is not simultaneous chat room though some of us are hanging out in our chat room during the sessions.
I'm including the two seminars from earlier today since you can hear the seminars by going to those pages, if you'd like to. Also, if you want to be included in the (probably incomplete) list of listeners on the web page, you can register on Blog Talk Radio and login before going to the seminar link.
The seminar pages do include more information about the seminars and speakers. See the Invisible Illness week site for information on the speakers and the schedule for the entire week (which does not include links to the individual shows).
- 12 noon eastern: Invisible Illness Week Kick Off with Lisa Copen and Christine Miserandino
- 3 pm eastern: Dealing with Hurt Feeling and Mixed Up Relationships with Leslie Vernick
- 6 pm eastern: Stress-Busters that Work: Faithful and Fun Ways to Lessen Stress and Encourage Hope and Health with Maureen Pratt - postponed
- 8:30 pm eastern: Secrets of Paying for Medical Care with Jacqueline L. Jones
Tuesday afternoon update: The 6 pm seminar will be rescheduled, but the 8:30 pm was moved to a different place on Blog Talk Radio and I did not find it until now. Refreshed a lot of web pages, but missed the critical one, apparently... Guess that's what I get for leaving all these tabs open! I've left comments on the old pages to tell folks to go to the correct one now, so hopefully others won't have the same problem.
Monday, September 1, 2008
National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week will be held this year September 8-14. The purpose of the week is to raise awareness of the needs of the chronically ill and the issues they deal with.
Rest Ministries is holding an online conference hosted on Blog Talk Radio, so you can listen to the seminars online and call in to participate, if you'd like to. The talks will be Monday - Friday at noon, 3 pm, 6 pm, and 8:30 pm eastern time. Some of the speakers and topics are:
- Maureen Pratt - "Stress busters that work"
- Jacqueline L Jones - "Secrets of paying for medical care"
- Rosalind Joffe - "Find the job you desire and can do"
- Jenni Prokopy - "Overcoming self-defeating behaviors" - This is chronic babe; she has lots of enthusiasm and many good ideas for coping with chronic illness.
- Scott Davis - a lawyer who specializes in helping people with chronic illness.
- Christine Miserandino - the spoon lady.