Very last minute post, but there WILL be a chat tonight! We will have off the cuff questions as I just found my book! We got home Saturday afternoon. Hope to see you all there!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
RRDave was just in the chat room. He's just back from the docs, still experiencing a lot of pain and the docs can't really help him. He's having a lot of muscle atrophy and tissue loss, especially in his arms and legs, to the point where he can no longer stand. The doctors are saying that this is not disease related (that it's not his lupus or RA). They suggested physical therapy but that doesn't seem realistic.
Please pray for him. Thanks!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
As of July 12th I will be changing the time that I am able to be in the room. I am sorry for the time change but the saturday night church I attend is changing to sunday mornings. With going to both churches sunday morning, I will be able enter the room at about 3pm pacific time. This is not set in stone. I am up for suggestions and you can email me at email@example.com.
Clarification: The chat will continue to meet Sundays at noon pacific time thru July 5th.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
As I'm holed up in a hotel without access to my book - and will be here at least till Tuesday, I thought we could just have a chat hour about Hinds' Feet this week and then finish up next week. Maybe be thinking about what you have learned in general from the book so far? Sorry to disrupt our schedule so late but not sure what else to do here!
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
1. Since the flood of our yard and home, we found out our well is contaminated with bacteria, including e coli. Please pray we can get the well chlorinated and that no one has caught anything from the water. (We were told not to drink, cook with, or wash with the water.)
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
A dear friend of my oldest daughter is asking for world wide prayer for her Father. Mr. Fitzgerald has been diagnosed with cancer of the lymph nodes and heart problems, this is his second battle with cancer. His daughter lost her husband to cancer about a dozen yrs ago leaving behind a small child. Now they are facing the possible loss of father/grandfather much too soon.Please pray for a miraculous healing. Mr. Fitzgerald knows the Lord and we all cherish your prayers. Please if you are part of a prayer chain post the prayer for this family.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Sorry these are late. Our house and property flooded and the past few days have been a literal mess. Found out stress makes me feel worse, too! Surprise!
- What significance do you attach to this chapter opening with "On the third day"?
- How does the title of the book now come into play?
- Reflect on "the night of weeping being over and joy comes to you in the morning?"
- What do you think of M.A.'s new name?
- What significance do you see in the common memorial stones now being precious gems? How might that give us hope?
- What did you think of Sorrow and Suffering's transformation? Why did they need M.A.'s (Grace and Glory's) help?
- The Shepherd teaches Grace and Glory, Joy and Peace what they could learn - as much as they can understand at that time. What do you make of that?
- What do you thing the "higher" High Places represent?
- Have you ever come to realize there is so much more to our lives than what we can immediately see? How does that truth encourage you?
- How do you work on personal truth and development?
- What is "the wrong side of the grave"?
- What is the symbolism behind the Shepherd slowly encouraging longer and longer leaps for G & G?
- The Shepherd explains how the Hinds' Feet were possible in her life. How can you apply this to your life?
- What have YOU learned from our journey?
Friday, June 5, 2009
We will try to get through chapters 16 and 17 this week, 18 and 19 the next week, 20 and a wrap up time the week after that. Please pray for my health as we finish this series of studies. Here are the study guide questions for this week. It appears that there are a lot of questions, but they do flow together. I feel these two chapters belong together in a study so try to finish both chapters. Chapter 17 is not a long chapter. There will be more "summary" questions than specific questions this week - so as you answer, see how the answers flow together.
- How would you have responded to the "grave-like gorge" had you been M.A.? Have you ever felt you have encountered such a thing in your life?
- What is different about M.A.'s response to leaping down into the canyon? Why do you think Hurnard chose to use the word "leap"?
- What did you make of being told this was the last time M.A. would hold on to the hands of her companions S & S?
- How did they help her? Why do you think that would be true? Is that true for you?
- Have you had times in your life when you have felt that no Shepherd came to your side, when you have had no answers? How did you respond?
- The words of Bitterness come to M.A.'s mind. How does M.A. view them?
- What does the concept that M.A.'s enemies can never cast themselves down into the grave in which M.A. finds herself mean to you?
- Reflect on M.A.'s inability to tear out the natural human love and desire that grow in her heart.
- Why can S&S no longer help her?
- Would you be willing to be bound the the altar as M.A. requested?
- How does Scripture help M.A. at this point?
- Does M.A. seem to feel any pain?
- Reflect on the comment "the time had come."
- What did you think of the statement "nothing but ashes remained either of the love itself which had been so deeply planted in her heart or of the sorrow and suffering which had been her companions.
- Reflect on her statement "It is finished."
- M.A. wakes in a cave - how is the world different for her now as she looks out?
- Though M.A. is completely alone, how does she feel?
- What irresistibly draws M.A.? What does she do?
- How does she seem to respond to having all her blemishes removed?
- How is her life different now?
- Is M.A. living in past memories, fears or dreams of the future, or in the present moment? What can we learn from this?