Thursday, April 9, 2009

Chat room is down temporarily

All of Parachat's servers are presently down because of damage to an optical fiber in the San Fransisco area. Since our room is hosted on their server, this means our room is down. I have created a temporary room on chatzy for us to use until the normal chat room is working again. To get to our temporary room, go to http://www.chatzy.com/348891275838 (you probably want to open it in a new window), type your user name ("name or alias") and click on "enter room". No registration is required.

You can see what's happening in the chat room from there; to talk, click "join chat" at the bottom right.

If you need to change the font size, you'll need to tell your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) to use a larger font size. Click "visitor list" on the left to see who is in the room. I'm there now and plan to stay in the room. I think I have it set up so I'll know when people come in but please be patient if I don't see you right away.

Hopefully, the problems Parachat are having will be solved soon (perhaps 9 pm eastern), and we will be back to our normal room soon.

No comments: