In The Valley of Loss
1. What was your response to M.A. having to descend into the valley once more? Has there been a time in your life when you have felt similarly. Share if you feel comfortable.
2. Have you, like M.A., ever considered turning back from following Him? What was that like for you?
3. How does the Shepherd reassure her?
4. Respond to: "Will you bear this too, M.A.? Will you suffer yourself to lose or to be deprived of all that you have gained on this journey to the High Places? Will you go down this path of forgiveness into the Valley of Loss, just because it is the way that I have chosen for you" Will you still trust and still love Me?"
5. Why do you think the Shepherd calls this the "Path of Forgiveness"? Who is being forgiven? Are there those you need to forgive?
6. Once again, M.A. turns away from the way to the High Places, yet this time it is an easier journey. Why?
7. What surprised M.A. about the valley? Have there been pleasant surprises in the valley's of your own journey?
8. How are Sorrow and Suffering changing?
9. What is your take on the Shepherd saying, "Love is beautiful, but it is also terrible?" Does that fit with the look of compassion and determination on His face? How does M.A. respond?
10. Do you think you will be able to come to a place where you are "ready" to change your name? What do you think it will take if that has not happened for you?
Bonus question for over-achievers. *smile* See if you can find the lyrics to the song "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redmond. How do they apply to this chapter?