Monday, February 25, 2008

Update on Liz

I'm emailing this from my cell phone; we'll see how well this works.

Thanks so much for your prayers. I have not become anywhere near as sick as my son was -- I've just been a little achey and a little more tired than usual. Praise God!

I am especially grateful because life has been busier than usual. One of my cats, Pepper, hurt his knee badly yesterday and is likely to need surgery for it. I had to take him to the emergency vet yesterday. He is in a lot of pain. We don't know how he got hurt; he probably jumped off something and landed badly. The vet tells me it's a classic football injury!

At the moment, I'm sitting outside the assisted living facility while my husband is checking my father-in-law in. My fil just flew up to Virginia to live near us. He's not doing great but about as well as can be expected after falling and breaking his hip three weeks ago. I'm sitting here instead of helping because I don't want to spread germs in there. Please pray my fil does not get the flu. I'm sure he had a flu shot, but I don't know if the shot covers the strain my son and I have. I avoided touching him except briefly with freshly washed hands.

Thanks again for praying! God bless.

No comments: